Tenebrae Service - via the following video link
Easter Sunrise Service - can be viewed live on Facebook live and on Zoom at 6:30 AM at the following sites:
Facebook Live: https://www.facebook.com/ChapelByTheSeaLincolnCity
Easter Morning Worship Service - Face to Face and live on Zoom at 10 AM
See below for guidelines for IN-PERSON worship
Worship Transition - The Session has voted to resume in person worship in the sanctuary beginning Sunday October 11.
We are hungry to worship together in the sanctuary but many of us are vulnerable to the serious health risks of Covid-19, and the health of our community is important to us. In a prayerful effort to balance these factors, we invite those who are at low risk of harm to join in Sunday worship in the sanctuary.
To minimize the risk, many things will be different than before and will require special care from all of us.
To protect the health of each other and the community, the Session has adopted the following guidelines:
- Masks must always be worn in the building and when you are outside and closer than 6 ft
- You will need to sign in and answer basic health questions.
(Have you tested positive for Covid, do you have a fever, any symptoms of Covid, been exposed to anyone known to have Covid)
- Use hand sanitizer when entering the sanctuary
If you can’t answer “no” to all these questions, or can’t wear a mask, please stay home and join worship online.
- Keep at least 6 ft of distance at all times (chairs will be marked off).
- No passing of the peace or physical contact of any kind with anyone outside your household.
- No group singing. Singing forcefully moves the virus through the air. Instead, we will accompany the music with humming, clapping, “silent singing” and sign language.
- No offering plate passed. Offerings will be collected in a plate at the back of the sanctuary.
- Communion will be celebrated with special “no contact” sharing.
- Leave the building while maintaining 6ft distance from others.
(stay in your row until those behind you are 6 ft ahead of you)
- No coffee hour. (visiting can happen outside, with distance).
- Only one person at a time in the bathroom (close and lock the door to indicate occupied).
- Wash your hands after using the toilet
- Sanitize each surface you touched before you leave. (supplies provided in the bathroom)
THIS is how we will speak love to one another. We must put on the mind of Christ and not think more highly of ourselves than of each other. To that end, we ask that you pray for the safety and nurture of each person in the church, those who chose to attend in person, and those who do not.
Each person is encouraged to make the choice that is right for your situation and that is comfortable for you. Some will join in person. Others will stay home. As sisters and brothers in Christ, we must respect and protect each person. There can be no pressure applied or shaming for the choices each person makes.
Worship will continue to be offered online for those who choose to stay home. You can view the recorded service at the church website (chapelbysea.org)
The Session takes its responsibility very seriously and will monitor the situation, in the congregation and in the community. There will be times in the future when adjustments are needed.
Please contact the church office, one of the Elders or Pastors if you have any questions or would like to talk or pray about any of this.